The first 3-5 pages (excluding title page, abstract, and reference pages) need to include:
* An APA style title page on page 1
* Remember, you are not required to use a running header, but if you do include one it needs to be formatted correctly.
* You DO need to include page numbering
* A draft of your Abstract on page 2
* This should be a short paragraph, approx. 4-6 sentences at this point
* Starting on page 3, you need to have 3-5 pages of outlined information including ALL of the following:
* 7 Sections: Introduction, DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria, Incidence & Prevalence, Theoretical Perspectives, Treatments, Case Study, Conclusion
* You can have additional sections or subsections as needed, but the 7 above must be included at a minimum.
* Each section needs to include a properly formatted section header and have a multi-level bulleted list of the information you plan to use in that section.
* NOTE: The information in this assignment description is a great example of what your outline should look like in terms of the multi-level bulleted list! Also check out the sample outline linked here for another example.
* The last page(s) must include your full references page(s), with a minimum of 10 APA style formatted references (at least half must be peer-reviewed journal articles, not websites). Articles should be from 2010 or later.
The next 5-7 pages need to include written content, NOT including your title and reference pages. This should be a shortened version of your final paper and should include the following sections with properly formatted section headers:
* Title page in APA format
* Abstract (on its own page)
* Body of the paper:
* Diagnostic criteria
* Prevalence and incidence
* Theoretical approaches to understanding the causes of the disorder
* Treatment approaches
* Case study
* Discussion or Conclusion
* References page(s)
Finally Submit final draft of your 8-12-page (not including title and reference pages) paper on your chosen diagnosis from Module 1.
Your final paper should include the following sections with properly formatted section headers:
* Title page in APA format (page 1)
* Abstract (on its own page page 2)
* Body of the paper (starting on page 3 and continuing until you hit the references section):
* Clinical presentation (What do the symptoms associated with the disorder look like?)
* Diagnostic criteria from the DSM-5
* Prevalence and incidence rates
* A review of theoretical perspectives on causes of the disorder (along with empirical support)
* A review of treatment approaches and outcome studies (along with empirical support)
* A case example/study
* References page(s)