Barriers to Practice
Discuss barriers to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) in California from both a state and national perspective. Research methods to influence policy change from various forms of competition, state legislative and executive branches of government and interest groups.
1. Identify and describe practice barriers for APNs in California and discuss these barriers on a state and national level.
2. Identify forms of competition on the state and national level that interfere with APNs ability to practice independently.
3. Identify the specific lawmakers by name at the state level (i.e., key members of the states legislative branch and executive branch of government)
4. Discuss interest groups that exist at the state and national levels that influence APN policy.
5. Discuss methods used to influence change in policy in forms of competition, state legislative and executive branches of government and interest groups.
6. Use minimum of 3 scholarly resources (within 5 years).