Choose ONE of the questions and write an essay with an introduction, in which you state your argument, a body, in which you support your argument, and a conclusion.
Use only material from textbook, that i attached is Give Me Liberty, vol.2 by Eric Foner and from the power points to support your thesis.
When you use a quote cite the author and page number in parenthesis, for example, (Foner, p.357). Think about the historical time period and what was going on at the time you will be writing about.
Clearly identify which prompt you choose. Write 5 paragraphs. Please do the best and avoid plagiarism.
1. Explain the rise of the Populist Party and its development between 1890 and 1896. Who joined the party and what were its demands?
2. How did the courts affect labor and business conditions in the Gilded Age and Progressive eras? (Be sure to cite specific cases.)
3. In 1893, Frederick Jackson Turner gave a famous speech celebrating “The Significance of the Frontier in American History” and mourning its closing. Compare and contrast American expansion overseas in the 1890s with continental westward expansion earlier in the century.
4. Between the end of the Civil War and 1925, millions of immigrants entered the United States. How did Americans’ legal, political, social, and economic responses to these new arrivals contribute to the definition of whiteness in America?
5. How do you explain why, after over 70 years of campaigning for suffrage, women were granted the right to vote in 1920?
6. Identify and discuss some of the forces that brought the U.S. into WWI. Include in your discussion the war-time challenges to freedom and democracy. How did war-time perspectives differ?
7. How did the proposals of the Populists and Progressives in the late 1800s and early 1900s shape the New Deal reform efforts of Franklin Roosevelt’s administration in the 1930s? Consider specific proposals and legislation in your answer.
8. Did the New Deal improve or worsen discrimination against women and African-Americans?