Select TWO court cases (from different chapters) from the list below, and respond in writing to the case questions.
1. Henshel v. Clair County Road Commission (Ch 10, p 343)
2. Keith v. County of Oakland (Ch 10, p 350)
3. Adeyeye v. Heartland Sweetners (Ch 10, p 364)
4. Lichenstein v. University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Ch 11, p 388)
5. Petty v. Metropolitan Gov?t of Nashville & Davidson County (Ch 11, p 369)
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
? Write between 750 ? 1,250 words (approximately 3 ? 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
? Use font size 12 and 1? margins.
? Include cover page and reference page.
? At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
? No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
? Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
? Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.
? Annotated Bibliography
An annotated bibliography is a research tool that will help you to keep track of the sources you encounter while working on larger research projects. Generally, an annotated bibliography reflects an exhaustive search of a topic; for this class, we will treat this assignment as an introduction to the tool rather than to expect a complete bibliography.
This tool is related directly to a References page, except here, we follow each of your five citations with a brief (100 words or less) explanation of:
1. Who the author is and their relevance to the subject we are exploring.
2. Who the intended audience is.
3. How this citation relates or contrasts to at least one of our other sources.
4. How this source helps to further our discussion of the topic.
Through this assignment, we ask that you read the criteria for the Researched Argument essay (found in the week 6 assignment), choose a topic, and begin researching that topic (note that you should have already chosen a topic through last week’s assignment and discussion forum).
To receive full credit for this assignment, you must have five or more annotations in your bibliography.
This is essentially summarizing each source, so try to treat it as a tool to help you and others find their way through this topic.
An annotated bibliography should be on its own page. Please review the example here.
Checklist for Annotated Bibliography:
5. Does this bibliography meet the assignment criteria?
6. How does the formatting of this assignment look? Does it follow basic APA guidelines for a Reference page? (i.e. Times New Roman font, double-spaced, no extra spacing between paragraphs, first line of the citation flush left with all following lines indented, etc.?).
7. Are the annotations brief, clear, and informative? Do they avoid personal opinion? Do they act as a reference guide?
8. Imagine you are writing an essay about the same subject (you will be). If you came upon this in your research, how useful would you find this bibliography to be?
9. Do this bibliography contain at least five citations?