The field log provides a concrete means for the student to:
- Account for professional activity in the field placement
- Demonstrate professional development related to contracted learning experiences and the traditional-year competencies
- Reflect on professional growth and development
- Provide information that facilitates dialogue between the student and Field Supervisor
- Document for the Field Supervisor, concerns, dilemmas and issues as they arise in the agency setting.
Students will complete logs using the attached template. In your log, follow these guidelines:
- Every log submitted by the student should reflect a unique experience with the client system context and provide an example of professional development.
- Students are responsible to protect client confidentiality and only use the clients first name.
The Field Logs should be no more than 3 pages in length (double-spaced). Please adhere to the writing assignment policy in the Syllabus.