The essay must be word-processed. 1000 words = about 3 full pages with 1″ margins on each side using the font Times News Roman set at 12 point. You should title your paper. You should have a header. The paragraph you are reading is double space. It also is in MLA format. If you are new to MLA format make all of your paragraphs look like this one. If you know how to put the paper in MLA format, put it in MLA format. Otherwise make all the paragraphs look like this one.
The essay should contain; what I am looking for:
1. An introduction that leads us in.
2. A thesis statement positioned in a predictable spot in the introduction (second to last sentence in the introduction). Briefly, a thesis is your claim, your main point, the heart of your essay, or if you like driving, the steering wheel of your essay. We should be able to read your thesis and know what you are going to argue, describe, or explain in your essay.
3. In the body of your essay develop at least three ideas that support and defend your thesis. This is 132 so you don’t have to limit your ideas to 3. Also, your ideas don’t have to be 1 paragraph. If it takes 2 or 3 to fully realize your idea, OK.
4. You must have a conclusion that concludes. Restate your thesis, but do not reproduce it. How has your thesis changed over the course of writing? Conclusions that conclude: What are your suggestions? What are your predictions? Sum up your analysis.
5. You must have a Works Cited page.
6. (You must cite from 4 sources in your paper. (1 should be the text itself = primary source (from the book); 3 can be a newspaper, a magazine, or a journal article = secondary sources)
Criteria: A. No reference sources as secondary sources
B. Find sources with authors: first and last names
CHOOSE 1 TOPIC BELOW TO DEVELOP YOUR ESSAY:
1. Du Bois is clearly upset with Booker T Washington. Do you agree with Du Bois? (See MLM: Du Bois, Of Mr. Booker T. Washington pp. 1229-1233)
2. Should the wall exist between the two neighbors or not? (See: MLM: Mending Wall pp. 79-80)
For the sources you only have to use Mel.org only that and the story I provide.