An annotated bibliography includes:
APA Title page
Pages are numbered beginning with title page
APA formatted reference list beginning on own page
References centered and bolded at top of page
Entries listed in alphabetical order
Annotations begin under its associated reference
Annotations are indented 0.5 inches from the left margin
The entire document is double spaced; no extra space between entries
2 to 4 sentences to summarize the main idea(s) of the source.
– What are the main arguments?
– What is the point of this book/article?
– What topics are covered?
1 or 2 sentences to assess and evaluate the source.
– How does it compare with other sources in your bibliography?
– Is this information reliable? current?
– Is the author credible? have the background to write on this topic?
– Is the source objective or biased?
1 or 2 sentences to reflect on the source.
– Was this source helpful to you?
– How can you use this source for your research project?
– Has it changed how you think about your topic?